Field of Dreams
Write a review
- 1.5 oz arbol chili infused Omelca Altos Plata*
- 1.5 oz corn juice**
- 1 oz corn cream***
- .5 oz Absolut Cilantro
- .5 oz Sombra Mezcal
- .5 oz lime juice
- .5 oz agave syrup****
- *For the arbol infused Omelca Altos: infuse 3 whole arbor chiles (do not crush, grind, place whole) per 750 mL of Omelca Altos Plata.
- **For corn juice: Combine 16 0z fresh corn (cut off the cob), 16 oz roasted corn (roast without husk on a grill, then cut off the cob) in a blender. Puree until liquified. Passively strain using a chinois and cheesecloth.
- *** For corn cream: Combine 8 oz roasted corn (roast without husk on a grill, then cut off the cob), 3 corn cobs (remove the corn kernels for the first step of this process), 8 oz freezed dried corn, and 1 T Huitlacoche, and 16 oz Shatto cream. Cover and refrigerate overnight, approximately 8 hours. Strain off the solids.
- ****For agave syrup: Equal parts agave nectar and hot water. Stir until incorporated.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Dry shake. (shake without ice)
- Wet shake. (shake with ice)
- Sprinkle a pinch of arbol chili powder over the top.
- Clap a leaf of cilantro, to open up the aromatics, place in the middle of the cocktail.
Glassware & Garnish
- Glassware: tall steamed goblet
- Garnish: pinch of arbol chili powder and cilantro.
Paris of the Plains Cocktail Festival - Kansas City, MO http://popfestkc.com/